Wisdom Teeth are Gone, all is GOOD

This is how Lauren has dental work done now


Follow up on removal of wisdom teeth

Yesterday we arrived at the hospital at 12:00 p.m., it was a long morning just wondering about this procedure.  When we arrived I really didn’t know what to expect.  Was this going to be in a dental setting like an office within the hospital, that was what I was thinking.  WRONG.

When we found the area we were to be, it was the surgical unit.  OMG, memories.  They brought us to the pre-surgical area.  We knew the drill.  Lauren had to change into the lovely hospital gown, IV was administered, then we had to go over Lauren’s medical history.  Being a new hospital, this took quite awhile.  Procedures she had done, then the med list.

We were told this was their first heart transplant patient they had. ( Made me a little nervous).At one point Lauren was like a show a tell.  Nurses came up to Lauren to ask if they could see the scar from the surgery.  Lauren was a trooper, but I could see she was a tad bit annoyed.

When the surgeon and the anesthesiologist came to talk with us about the procedure, we had to go over Lauren’s history with them.  They were being very cautious about how they could put her to sleep safely.  I had to tell them how certain medications if administered could possibly suppress her breathing which could lead to being on BYPAP.

They left and we could hear them discussing what they should do.  Then they had to look up Lauren’s muscle disease, they never heard of it.  I started to think maybe we should be in Boston, they know everything about Lauren.  But, I really felt they were going to take great precautions to make sure Lauren was safe.  When they returned with their plan, it was something I never expected.  They were going to put a breathing tube in and give her Fentanyl.  Tears started to build.  Breathing tube, breathing tube really.  Lauren was so nervous all she kept saying was I better not wake up with a trac.  They told us this was the safest way to do the surgery.  In the back of my mind, I kept saying to myself, she is just getting teeth extracted.  Could this turn into a life threatening procedure?

After a long discussion, we agreed to go forward.  Lauren was in God’s hands again.  They took her in around 2:00 and told me they would come out to talk with me when it was over.  I was told about 1 hour.  The Dr. finally came out to talk with me around 4:00.  I was so nervous because it to longer than they said.


Lauren was discharge and we were home around 5:30.

Lauren’s mouth is sore, but she was able to eat all the ice cream she wanted.



2 thoughts on “Wisdom Teeth are Gone, all is GOOD

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s